How to Open OST in outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003 using OST Extractor Pro.
Open OST in Outlook
Today, we are going to discuss about how to open OST in outlook.
MS-Outlook is the most frequently used desktop email client that is used by most of the organizations. If you are a regular user of it then, you must know about the two data files that are associated with Outlook. They are as follows.
- OST (Offline Storage Table) and
- PST (Personal Storage File)
All the emails and any relevant data of the MS-Outlook mail account are stored in the PST file format. On the other hand, OST file contains the copy of data stored in related server that works on the user need to work in an offline mode.
OST file path
- Content or material of MS Outlook in the previous system where OST file is present one can access all the configured data items like emails, attachments, contacts, etc.
- Select the configured account name and right-click on it to select ‘Data file Properties’ of the system.
- On the new window which appears with all the items of configured account choose ‘Advanced’ option.
- Pathof the file can be seen in Data File settings that appear like the systematic path.
- Copy the path of the file, paste it into the run command search box & press Enter.
- Select the OST filefor which you need to access the items in another system.
How to Open OST in Outlook?
1) Manually – After transferring the OST file, try opening the file in new system through Outlook. It will give you an error message that states-
“The FileC:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\abc.OST file cannot be opened.”
The manual procedure cannot open the OST file in Outlook, this method is not efficient and it can corrupt the file.
2) Automatically – The reliable way to open the OST file is to use an automated tool that will easily export all the items in OST file to PST format, which can then be accessed on any Outlook account. It supports all the versions of MS Outlook and can easily convert OST to PST.
Some of the attractive features of the tool:
- It allows the quick preview of OST files before conversion.
- Supports export of multiple OST files at a time.
- It maintains the email properties of OST files intact and multiple file naming options present in it.
The best part about PST files is that one can also import them to Mac Outlook. The “OST Extractor Pro” also gives options to convert OST files to other formats such as MBOX, EML, Apple Mail, Thunderbird and Postbox database, and of course, PST.
- It also accesses over the batch conversion of multiple OST files.
- This tool supports conversion of files while keeping the folder continuity.
- Most importantly there’s full 24 x 7 tech support that you can always rely upon to help you at any stage
- Its ability to convert uni-code text makes it a relief for users that communicate in languages such as Chinese and Japanese.
Get it to Open OST in Outlook
If you want to convert OST files into PST, MBOX, EMLetc. format you can use “OST Extractor Pro” which is an online convertor tool. You can upgrade it to unlock many cool features.
I hope you will find the information useful.
You can download the free demo edition of the OST extractor Pro to open ost in Outlook.